The successful candidate will be installing, troubleshooting, testing, and performing maintenance on a variety of air conditioning and refrigeration systems including but not limited to heat pumps, de/humidification systems, ventilation systems, air circulation systems, and self-contained rooftop units. Our Mechanics work closely with the team to provide customers with excellent customer service, from new installations to emergency on-call troubleshooting. Experience is an asset.
Qualities & Skills:
- Exercising good judgement in solving problems
- Balancing meticulous attention to detail with efficient job practices
- Working professionally under pressure
- Interpreting blueprints with accuracy
- Focusing on customer experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work both with a team and autonomously
- Dependable, diligent, and punctual
- High school diploma
- Registered Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprentice
- Ozone Depletion Prevention Certificate
- Occupational Health & Safety Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- First Aid
- Working at heights training
- Tools, safety gear, steel-toed boots, safety glasses.
This job may be physically demanding and requires manual dexterity, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
The selected candidate must be able to work on-call, possess a valid driver’s licence and clean drivers’ abstract, and pass a criminal background check.
Halifax Heating offers Medical, Dental, and Pension Plan benefits. Halifax Heating will offer a signing bonus.